1. open VMware vSphere Client. connect to host.
2. Deploy OVF Template.
4. use browser connecting to vCenter. https://vCenter_IP_address:5480. Default account: root, password: vmware
5. change to static IP address.
6. Regenerate certificates by selecting the Toggle certificate setting button.
(Use IE. The Admin page is blank under Chrome browser)
7. Launch setup wizard
9. insert your license. Reference http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=2014295
Error message: Failed to connect to VMware Lookup Service https://<vCVA IP address>:7444/lookupservice/sdk - SSL certificate verification failed.
Cause by change IP from DHCP to static IP.
To resolve this issue, toggle the certificate settings:
- Log in the vCenter Server Appliance Web interface at https://hostname:5480/.
- Click the Admin tab.
- Regenerate certificates by selecting the Toggle certificate setting button. The Certificate regeneration enabled option under the Administration settings displays Yes.
- Reboot the vCenter Server Appliance.